Owning a pet comes with a lot of responsibilities, apart from adoration from the furry creature. It is as good as being a parent, only to an innocent animal who becomes family in no time. Pet owners look forward to providing their pets with quality pet care, available at the nearest pet retail store.
While there are many things a pet owner might look at in his/her preferred pet store, however, there majorly two things out of that list that we will focus on in this article.
1. The ease of check-out at the cash register because nobody likes to wait when they have already selected their products.
2. Availability of their desired products.
It comes as no surprise that pet retailers have turned to pet store management software to modernize working and attract larger audiences in the last decade.
This article will discuss why investing in a pet store POS system can be a smart move in 2021. Keep reading to know-how!
Pet Store POS Software – A Futuristic Approach for the Present
Gone are the days when retailers would have a cash register that would print bills after every purchase. With the data-driven world that we live in, a system that stores your customer history and interacts with it is an ideal choice.
A pet store POS system is a multi-facet set of hardware that manages, attracts, and interacts with customers smartly. The customer-centric existence is a cherry on the top of this invention, and pet retailers can focus on other essential aspects of the business.
Here’s why we think pet store management software is a futuristic opportunity!
- No more queues or waiting for the change at the cash counter. Instead, pet store pos software accelerate the buying process through this smart check-out process.
- Addition, subtraction, and management of inventory become way more manageable with a pet store POS software.
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing customers’ purchase patterns are at the core of this system, helping business owners make decisions accordingly.
- Suggestive and chatbot prompts to customers while purchasing has led to a revolutionary change in buyers’ buying capacity.
- Initiating and building a loyal customer base through loyalty rewards programs gets the going easier.
- POS systems intelligently interact with past customers through automated emails, purchase histories, and offers.
- Integrating multiple apps into this system comes quite handy when trying to manage numerous aspects of a business.
Investing in the Real Deal
Investing in a Point-of-Sale system requires pet retailers to weigh their options carefully. Whether to go for a Legacy POS system or Cloud POS system for their store is a matter of debate, but hopefully, we’ll be able to give suggestions that ease out the dilemma.
Legacy POS Systems
Legacy pet store POS software is built on traditional technologies, storing data on a local internal network or server. These systems have been in the business for quite some time and are used by many traditional business owners.
Cloud POS System
Cloud POS systems are software designed to operate on a cloud network where other users share space to store data more securely.
So, how would owners know which is the best pos software for pet retail stores?
FTx Global suggests some parameters to gauge which pet retail POS system can be the best for your business. Check them out!
The POS system should:
- Accept multiple payment options
- Facilitate customizable changes in the system
- Generate E-receipts and emails them to customers
- Shrink the check-out time to 1/3rd and accelerate customer’s experience
- Push low-cost or lesser sold items to customers while checking out
- Break down information and results into readable and accessible reports
- Store data for direct marketing
And so much more. Users who have used FTx suite of business solutions say with conviction that the pet retail POS system from FTx Global is one of the best in the market. It not only captures data but also puts it to use for the benefit of the business.
While much has been said about the Pet Retail POS systems, owners can look at more holistic growth options from the POS system. Healthcare & Nutrition, Access to Global products, Monthly maintenance of food-stock of a pet, and more can be managed from a POS system.
Still, have doubts about how a pet store POS software will work for your business? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact us form for us to get back to you in 3 business days.